Friday, October 17, 2008

MeGlobe


Meglobe is a free web client that lets you type in your own language, but sends a translated version, in near real time, specific to the native tongue of whomever you are chatting with. With Meglobe there is no such thing as 'lost in translation.'
Can you imagine the possibilities of being able to communicate with almost anyone, anywhere with no language barriers. I can't wait to try this with Chiara, my former graduate assistant who lives in Italy. Although her English is great, I'm sure it will be easier for her to communicate in her native language. Watch the tutorial below to get a better idea of how Meglobe works.

1 comment:

MStein said...

I teach 10th grade English, which has a concentration in World Literature. This is a wonderful application that would allow me as a teacher to chat with someone who lives in the same country as the story that my students are reading at the time and display it on my LCD projector. My students may be able to do this as well. Regardless, it allows for an opportunity to provide information to my students that goes way beyond the textbook. The instantaneous translation in the chat is a great feature.